The first step needed to transform your landscape into a unique, plant filled garden is a good garden design. A good landscape design can help create a focused garden that you can envision before installation, helping you get exactly what you want and avoiding costly mistakes, errors, and constant redesigns. I focus on simple solutions utilizing the best adapted plants for your garden.
Full Landscape Design Process
- Site Survey: Evaluate existing location, plant material, hardscape, soil, exposure, and micro-climates.
- Need Analysis: Discuss needs, wants and desires for the garden.
- Concept Plan: Basic skeleton and use areas of the garden.
- Planting Plan: Fleshing out the planting beds with plants.
- Planting plan for a specific bed or area
- Concept map for complete landscape
- Concept map for specific area
- Re-designs and simple improvements on existing landscape
- Plants lists without specific planting plan
My design work can include emphasis on:
- Kitchen gardens
- Water-wise design (xeriscaping)
- Native plants
- Sustainable landscaping
- Low maintenance landscaping
Irrigation plans are also available
Any garden design is always a work in progress because gardens are alive. A good garden is not simply drawn, installed, and left. Evaluation, adjustments, and proper maintenance are necessary to establish a good garden. I encourage you to first get a basic design plan, but to always keep an eye out in the garden for improvements and changes. I would also love to work with you on existing garden designs to ensure they are kept up to their potential.
Price: Pricing is dependent on job and is based on an hourly rate with cap. Small planting designs can cost as low as $50. Price goes up from there based on detail and size.